I won't sit here and tell you how I understand, cause Lord knows I don't.
I never noticed your plight.
I didn't see you struggle.
The way you pull your hair back each morning and greet the day with half a smile.
Well, that's good enough for the onlookers. It was good enough for me too.
Until today.
I watched you leave your house as you do each day on your way to work.
Dressed in your khakis and cardigan sweater.
Keys in hand...
But in my glancing, I saw you stop.
Just for a moment.
And in that moment I saw your pain.
You closed your eyes and took a deep breathe before continuing to your car.
Dear Broken Woman,
I won't tell anyone that you hurt sometimes.
I won't tell them how hard it is to do what you do.
I won't allow them to see your cracks.
Because you try so hard to keep it together.
And I applaud you.