He,
whom from the very first moment we spoke,
and every moment since then...
calls me, "Queen."
But I have never felt like royalty.
And he,
looks at me as if he has never seen anything so beautiful and serene.
But I am far from untroubled.
More than a lover,
he was.
And love me?
He does.
Which is peculiar because,
he had never been more than just a friend.
And yet...
He,
calls me, "Queen."
And I know I don't deserve thee. Thy King.
But he pats the spot beside him anyway.
And I sit as we speak, as we play, for most the day,
and right before we part away...
He,
calls me, "Queen."
He calls me this so much, that I began to believe,
that I, too, could take the heat and see beauty in a desert storm
like Ankhesenamun, Nefertkaw and Nefertiti.
He,
calls me, "Queen."
So I...
I answer.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete