Like the Egyptian princes whom have stood before their forgotten king,
In that inevitable hour of reckoning.
Assuming his power, his thrown and most of all, responsibility -
Invisibly...
Quivering with doubt.
I Am
Like the young single black mothers walking about.
Head up and chest out. But undeniably going without.
Because they turned a young boy into a father and he opted out.
Life's a drought...
Love is sparse.
I Am
Like you, with the heavy heart.
Only I'm not too ashamed to say:
I Am Afraid.
In that inevitable hour of reckoning.
Assuming his power, his thrown and most of all, responsibility -
Invisibly...
Quivering with doubt.
I Am
Like the young single black mothers walking about.
Head up and chest out. But undeniably going without.
Because they turned a young boy into a father and he opted out.
Life's a drought...
Love is sparse.
I Am
Like you, with the heavy heart.
Only I'm not too ashamed to say:
I Am Afraid.
No comments:
Post a Comment